FGI Celebrates Artists and Icons Michael Kors, Christian Siriano, Prabal Gurung, Dionne Warwick, and More at 38th Annual Night of Stars Gala in New York. Lauren Conlin reports from the red carpet.
A glittering crowd turned out for the 38th annual Fashion Group International (FGI) Night of Stars gala and awards ceremony tonight in Manhattan, held this evening at Casa Cipriani at Cipriani South Street.
The event kicked off with one of the most stylish red carpets of the New York social season, followed by a cocktail party hosted by designer Frederick Anderson (recent winner of the FGI Rising Star Award for Womenswear), with music by The Misshapes.
Notable attendees included legendary fashion designers, models, industry insiders, and influencers: Adut Akech, Jason Wu, Coco Rocha, Rebecca Moses, Stan Herman, Jessica Wang, Linda Fargo, Andrew Hilfiger, Daphne Velghe, Leckie Roberts, Carlos Campos, Miss America Emma Broyles, Alexander Hankin, Gary and Cole Wassner, Consuelo Vanderbilt Costin, The Dragon Sisters, and Lisa Simonsen.
- Supermodel and CEO of Iman Cosmetics IMAN presented the Superstar Award to designer Michael Kors
- Actress Mariska Hargitay presented the Fashion Star Award to designer Christian Siriano
- Author Candace Bushnell presented the Retail Award to LoveShackFancy, accepted on behalf of the company by Founder Rebecca Hessel Cohen
- Makeup artist Sir John presented the Beauty Award to Sharon Chuter, Founder of UOMA Beauty
- Author Deepak Chopra presented the Sustainability Award to Firmenich, accepted on behalf of the company by Firmenich President Global Perfumery Ilaria Resta
- Politician Huma Abedin presented the Humanitarian Award to designer Prabal Gurung
- Actress Linda Marshall presented the Trailblazer Award to Grammy award-winning singer Dionne Warwick
- Andy Hilfiger, Creative Director Andrew Charles, presented the Fashion Oracle Award posthumously to Elvis Presley, accepted on behalf of the musician by Joel Weinshanker, Managing Partner, Elvis Presley Enterprises/Graceland
“FGI Night of Stars is a celebration of extraordinary individuals in entertainment, fashion, beauty and culture. We are grateful to all who, by attending our most important fundraiser of the year, help Fashion Group International’s mission to connect, provide resources, support new talent, and celebrate the fashion industry at every level.” Maryanne Grisz, FGI President and CEO
Past FGI Night of Stars Superstar Awards honorees have included Tommy Hilfiger, Rick Owens, Diane Von Furstenberg, Donna Karan, Dries Van Noten, Marc Jacobs, Carolina Herrera, Riccardo Tisci, Giorgio Armani, and Valentino, as well as presenters and honorees, Anna Sui, Iman, Laverne Cox, Martha Stewart, Olivier Rousteing, Nicki Minaj, Kim Kardashian and more.
FGI Night of Stars ticket proceeds will support the organization’s mission to connect, support, and empower members across the fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and retail sectors around the globe, through a range of educational and mentorship programs, signature events, networking opportunities, business resources, and philanthropic partnerships.