Why not roll down National Scenic Highway 101 along the foothills and beaches of the Pacific Northwest? Escape Adventures’ 6-day Oregon road cycling tour pulls out all the stops to truly showcase the beautifully diverse Oregonian coastline. One of the state’s Seven Wonders starts from the Columbia River at the state’s northwest edge, where guests wend their way along what locals call the People’s Coast. Oregon’s publicly owned coastline—360-miles from end to end— where visitors can enjoyi magnificent sea stacks, sandstone cliffs, vibrant inlets, and rich ocean breezes. Blissfully detached from noise and commercialism, Coastal Oregon lends itself to unparalleled road biking. Several small group tours are available in August and September starting at $1,495 per person double. Custom and private tours are also available to book here.
“The Oregon People’s Coast Bike Route is one of the most spectacular stretches of road in the United States, offering countless scenic panoramas, hitting legendary spots, and unveiling some hidden gems that are off the normal tourist path,” said Jared Fisher CEO of Escape Adventures.
- Visiting Cannon Beach, named one of the world’s most beautiful places by National Geographic and home to Haystack Rock
- Overnighting in Manzanita, Oregon’s third most photogenic locale
- Cycling Three Capes scenic route (alternate to US-101)
- Exploring Cape Kiwanda State Natural Area
- Hiking to Hart’s Cove, a wonderfully withdrawn seaside inlet
- Birdwatching atSiletz Bay
- Touring Newport,home of the Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area
- Traversing one of the region’s best-known scenic bridges
- Cycling through Suislaw National Forest to Cape Perpetua
- Touring the 125-year old Heceta Lighthouse
- Witnessing Darlingtonia State Natural Area
All internal land expenses and services are covered in the cost of the tour. All transportation, food preparation, meals, snacks, non-alcoholic beverages, group supplies and community gear are included. Backcountry permits, licenses, park fees, reservations, and accommodations are also included, along with at least two professionally trained trip leaders. A mobile first aid and mechanic station, spare bikes, and a support vehicles are also available. Trip price does not include airfare, lodging prior to trip start or bicycle rental or camping gear unless otherwise noted on itinerary or website.
About Escape Adventures:
Since 1992, Escape Adventures has been blessed to shape and lead adventure travel vacations through some of the most awe-inspiring natural destinations in the world. Building on over 100 destinations, Escape Adventures caters to the full spectrum of active traveler, respective to fitness level and activity type. From road cyclist to mountain biker to electric biker, hiker, and multi-sport enthusiast, and from first timer to friends and family groups of all ability levels, Escape Adventures looks forward to many new and exciting adventures with you. https://escapeadventures.com/