Footwear News is the leading shoe magazine and website bringing you the latest in the industry- business, trends, runway and street fashion as well as key influencers.
The 31st FN Achievement Awards at IAC Headquarters in New York City highlighted both rising stars and industry legends. The annual event, often referred to as the “Shoe Oscars,” recognizes and celebrates the best and brightest stars in the footwear industry.
EVENT HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDED:
- Presenter Chloë Grace Moretz attended alongside boyfriend Brooklyn Beckham. Moretz commented how happy she was that the event gave her the opportunity to be visiting New York from Los Angeles, as Beckham lives in New York.
- During her acceptance speech for Style Influencer of the Year, Hailey Baldwin discussed being inspired by streetwear, stating: “I’m very inspired by the youth, constantly, and if I’ve inspired even just one person then I feel like I’m doing something right.”
- Steve Madden took the stage to accept his award for Company of the Year, jesting in his acceptance speech, “I thought Ivanka Trump was gonna be here… but I’m glad she’s not!”
- While accepting the award for Shoe of the Year, Virgil Abloh highlighted the importance of keeping the “intern spirit” alive in order to disrupt the fashion industry with new ideas. He ended his speech by encouraging the crowd to high-five their interns tomorrow.
- After Roy Luwolt accepted the Vivian Infantino Emerging Talent Award on behalf of Malone Souliers, presenter Jill Kargman announced that Luwolt has just been revealed as the new global CEO of Emanuel Ungaro.